Elizabeth Lombardo is a psychologist on a mission to free people from their inner critic. She is also Shaquille O’Neal’s “Head Coach for Happiness!” She authored the book Better Than Perfect: 7 Strategies to Crush Your Inner Critic and Create a Life You Love. In Elizabeth’s book, she writes about ramping up self-confidence and gaining skills you need to flourish. Elizabeth says perfectionists are everywhere. And they are often unhappy and unfulfilled. They thrive toward unattainable goals and that hurts their physical and psychological well-being. Elizabeth guides lots of high performing people to excel and find meaning along the way.
If you like what you hear, I’d really appreciate it if you would subscribe, rate and review the show. It’s easy to do on Apple Podcasts, or can go directly to the podcast section of my website at judyhollandauthor.com.
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
- When you’re a perfectionist, you stack every paper clip perfectly.
- An all or nothing mentality leads us to believe that anything which is imperfect is a failure.
- Elizabeth wrote her book, Better Than Perfect, to rid herself of the perfectionism plaguing her life: “My name is Elizabeth, and I’m a recovering perfectionist.”
- Perfectionism interferes with our emotional well-being and physical health.
- Elizabeth Lombardo tell us this episode of HappiNest Podcast how to get out of our own way if you have the perfectionist proclivity.